What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
If you require a replacement of most of your teeth, a full mouth reconstruction at Wheatland Dental in Naperville may be a suitable option. A full mouth reconstruction is a restorative dentistry procedure that aims to improve the appearance of your mouth, giving your smile a makeover. It also helps improve the functionality and oral health of your teeth.
A full mouth reconstruction treatment plan includes numerous restorative procedures, such as dental crowns, bridges, implants, and inlays that can be customized to your unique requirements.
What Is Included in Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction at Wheatland Dental involves extensive procedures and treatments to improve the beauty and function of teeth. These may include but are not limited to:
- Gum contouring to improve the appearance and balance of your smile.
- Orthodontics to shift the teeth to their desired position and enhance the look of your teeth and smile. This procedure may use metal, ceramic, lingual or clear braces.
- Dental implants to replace extracted or missing teeth.
- Dental crowns to protect a damaged tooth or cover a discolored tooth. Dental bridges may be used for covering adjacent teeth.
- Veneers to reshape, whiten, close gaps, and resize natural teeth. This procedure can make your smile more aesthetically pleasing.
- Deep teeth cleaning and periodontal care to maintain gums, teeth, and overall oral health.
- Temporary restorations to preview the look of permanent restorations such as inlays, veneers, crowns, and bridges, and help you get accustomed to your new teeth.
- Bone grafting to strengthen your jaw bone for placing a dental implant.
- Orthographic surgery for jaw repositioning in extreme cases where it’s crucial for proper functioning.
The above-mentioned procedures are just some of the many treatments that constitute full mouth reconstruction. Our dental team at Wheatland Dental will perform a comprehensive checkup and determine the type of procedures you need for your full mouth reconstruction treatment plan.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction procedure is not for everyone. People in Naperville requiring comprehensive dental work to treat various issues in multiple teeth may benefit from this procedure. People with many broken, decayed, chipped, missing, or unhealthy teeth may qualify for full mouth reconstruction.
People with considerable tooth decay in multiple teeth may also benefit from this treatment plan. We will inspect the level of damage and try to save the natural teeth as much as possible. Our patients suffering from temporomandibular joint disorder might also be ideal candidates for a full mouth reconstruction. TMJ disorder affects the jaw and the muscles responsible for jaw movements, which causes issues such as poor bite and headaches.
Whether you wish to improve the functionality or aesthetics of your teeth, full mouth reconstruction in Naperville can help you get your dream smile and teeth. Your dentist at Wheatland Dental will examine your teeth and determine if a full mouth reconstruction is a fitting solution to address your oral concerns.
Is a Full Mouth Reconstruction Right for You?
If you are interested in learning more about a Full Mouth Reconstruction, contact our Naperville dental office today to schedule a consultation. Our dental team will let you know if a Full Mouth Reconstruction is the right choice for your smile.